CONTOUR®NEXT Connected blood glucose meter
CONTOUR®NEXT test strips can be purchased from NDSS Access Points (usually your local pharmacy).
The CONTOUR®NEXT test strip is designed to easily 'sip' the blood into the sample tip of the strip.3
Second-Chance® sampling allows you 60 seconds to apply more blood to the same strip if the first sample was insufficient, which helps to avoid re-lancing and reduce strip wastage.3
Accuracy is not affected by interference of icodextrin (peritoneal dialysis solutions)4 and other common substances such as Vitamin C (ascorbic acid) and paracetamol (acetaminophen)5. See CONTOUR®NEXT test strip insert for full list.
* Minimum accuracy requirements of ISO15197: 2013 Section 6.3 standard require ≥95% of the measured values to fall within ±0.83 mmol/L at glucose concentrations <5.5 mmol/L or within ±15% at glucose concentrations ≥5.5 mmol/L compared to the reference method.
† An ad hoc analysis demonstrated that 95% of the results were within the error range ±0.3 mmol/L or ±5.3% of the laboratory reference values (Hexokinase (HK)-based method (Cobas Integra 400 Plus; Roche Instrument Center, Rotkreuz, Switzerland).
^Always consult your healthcare provider prior to making changes to your target ranges.
1. Pleus S et al. User Performance Evaluation and System Accuracy Assessment of Four Blood Glucose Monitoring Systems With Color Coding of Measurement Results. Journal of Diabetes Science and Technology 1-9. 2022.
2. International Organization for Standardization. In vitro diagnostic test systems – requirements for blood-glucose monitoring systems for self-testing in managing diabetes mellitus (ISO 15197). International Organization for Standardization, Geneva, Switzerland, 2013.
3. CONTOUR®NEXT BGMS User Guide, Rev. 12/21
4. Bernstein R et al. A new test strip technology platform for self-monitoring of blood glucose. Journal of Diabetes Science and Technology. 2013;7(5):1386-1399.
5.CONTOUR®NEXT test strip insert, Rev 05/19.